Spider plant propagation

YTF ytf at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 22:42:03 EST 1995

>How long does it take for the plant to get "pot bound".  The problem is,
>about a month ago, I re-potted the plants into bigger pots, thinking they

>were crowded in the little 4 inch pots (I saw roots trying to poke
>through the drainage holes at the bottom).
>
>Did I do the wrong thing?!  Now that the roots have room to grow again
>(I moved the plants to 8 inch pots), will it delay the babies' arrival?!!

Yes.  You should never step up more than an inch or two when
transplanting.  Most house plants like the secure fit of a tight pot.
With my spiders, I also put them outside as soon as I feel the nights
won't go below 45 or 50 and bring them in again as the weather gets cool.
This way they get the feel of the changing seasons.  They should only get
direct sun early or late the day.  Also, deer love the babies, so if you
live in that sort of area, hang them high.

Tim Farrell