-->EMF effects on Plants

Carol M Lively clively at onramp.net
Thu Jan 19 03:29:58 EST 1995

In message <3fbop6$4su at ns.cityscape.co.uk>, ab49 at ab49.cityscape.co.uk
(Williams) writes:

>I'm about to do an A-Level project on the effects of EMFs on the growth
>of cress plants. It involves coils of wire with d.c. going through
>surrounding a number of cress plants. Anyone know if anything'll happen
>or experiments similar to this have been done in the past, if so, what was
>found to have happened?
>
>Any information on general effects of EMFS on biological systems would be
>gratefully received.
>
>It would be great if you could point me at any relavent references.
>
>TIA
>
>John

Dear John,

Try a book called "Cross Currents" by Robert O. Becker, M.D.
(It's kind of subtitled, "A Startling Look at the Effects of Electromagnetic
Radiation on Your Health")

Also, you might find some interesting stuff in two books written by Peter
Tompkins and Christopher Bird, "The Secret Life of Plants" and "Secrets of the
Soil."  I'm none too sure about the "validity" of some of their stuff, but the
theories presented are pretty thought-provoking.