Help with wintering plant.

Edward E. Lilley el14+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 24 16:29:24 EST 1995

Hi,
     I am trying to winter (indoors) a Dyplademia( sorry about the
spelling).It is having a hard time. I have it as close to a sunny window
as possible.  It has lost leaves slowly.  My main concern is that
recently any new shoots that form wither from the tip back which means
it has no way to produce new growth.  Is this its protest at having a
shorter sunny season than it needs and loves.  I keep it wet and have
recently taken to spritzing it with water on the leaves.  I've wondered
about a shot of fertilizer?  I've also been concerned about bugs-haven"t
found any but they could be there and chewing these tender new leaves as
soon as they form.   Any thoughts, suggestions?  All opinions welcome.
       Ed Lilley