blackberries

Jay Jones retro at also.hooked.net
Tue Jan 24 13:52:24 EST 1995

cheska at teleport.com (KernsFunk) wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a solution to getting rid of the
>blackberries that  are taking over my yard. I've tried
>digging up the roots, but they always  seem to come
>back. I'm looking for a chemical free solution!!
>Thanks.

If you have the patience to be persistent, keep cutting the
suckers (in every sense of the word!) back to ground level.It
may seem futile for a while, but these guys need to
photosynthesize eventually, and by continually depriving the
plants of their green leafy parts, the roots will eventually
die and can be lifted out of the ground. I used this method to
get rid of blackberries from places that would have been
backbreaking to dig out, and you and I know how adept those
roots are at moving from place to place. Good luck!

Regards,
Chris Rolik
retro at hooked.net