blackberries

Martin Witchard mwitchar at metz.une.edu.au
Tue Jan 24 21:36:51 EST 1995

In article <cheska.36.00109537 at teleport.com>, cheska at teleport.com (KernsFunk) writes:
> Can anyone recommend a solution to getting rid of the blackberries that
> are taking over my yard. I've tried digging up the roots, but they always
> seem to come back. I'm looking for a chemical free solution!! Thanks.

I've heard that goats will eat blackberry - can't get much more biological
(but not necessarily friendly) than that! Here in Australia a 'rust' has been
released which is supposed to target and destroy only blackberries. This was
recently 'released' before testing had been completed. Obviously it came
from somewhere - perhaps check your local agriculture department? Good luck!