Southern Cape Herbarium project

Conrad Richter conrad at richters.com
Sun Jan 29 20:20:51 EST 1995

SOUTHERN CAPE HERBARIUM PROJECT

A colleague of mine has asked me for leads for North American sources
for funding of a proposed herbarium in the Southern Cape region of
South Africa.  There is no herbarium that covers the incredibly diverse
and underexplored flora of the area.  The project already has promised
support from a local museum and from the South African government, and
it already has 7000 specimens to be properly housed and catalogued, but
financial support to push the project forward is lacking at this stage.

If anyone has suggestions where funding for such projects might be
sought, please write to:

    Yvette van Wijk
    Southern Cape Herbarium
    c/o George Museum Society
    PO Box 564
    George 6530
    South Africa

or call +0441-8501135.

I have a two page description of the project which I am willing to fax
to anyone who is interested.  Please email your fax number to the following
address:

    conrad at richters.com

Conrad Richter

RICHTERS HERBS                     | Info:                 info at richters.com