Fragaria morphological markers

Ugur Bal abrbal at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 09:02:20 EST 1995

Hello Everybody,

I would like to find out morphological markers of Fragaria
ananassa (2n=8x=56), such as red seedling clour a trait that is
apparently controlled by a single dominant gene in apples eg. cv
Baskatong or white fruit character in Fragaria vesca (2n=2x=14) which is
homozygous recessive in the white fruited F.vesca. I would like to use
them in my crosses and be able to recognise the progeny via the apperence
or non-appearence of the markers.

I would be glad to hear from you and would acknowladge of your expetise.

I am also interested in the molecular markers of the F. ananassa.

Thank you.

Ugur Bal

PO. Box 221, Whiteknights
Department of Agricultural Botany