Plant Molecular biology course

Dr. R. A. Savidge savidge at unb.ca
Tue Jul 11 06:59:16 EST 1995

In message 10 Jul 1995 22:44:33 GMT,
  Ste at crop.cri.nz (David G. Stevenson)  writes:

> Does anyone know of any molecular biology courses, particularly in USA but
> anywhere in the world would be of interest. Courses oriented towards MB
> techniques useful in plant science would be of best interest. I am posting
> hoping that someone knows of an university that for example does a summer
> course or maybe a private company. Please send replies to stevensond at crop.
> cri.nz. Thanks.

A 10-day hands-on workshop in plant molecular biology has been held every
summer  for the last several at Wye College, University of London, UK,
coordinated by Charles Ainsworth et al.  To my knowledge, the workshop is
still being offered.    The workshop is really excellent for introducing
the novice to a broad range of fundamental procedures of molecular
biology.  I did the course in 1991 and have nothing but praise for the
experience; it was very well done then and undoubtedly has improved since.
   Rod Savidge, PhD                 |         E-mail: savidge at unb.ca
   Faculty of Forestry and         \|/
      Environmental Management  \   |   /     Phone:  (506) 453-4919
   University of New Brunswick  _\/ | \/_
   Fredericton, NB CANADA          \|/        Fax:    (506) 453-3538
   E3B 6C2                          |