Are Morning Glories Toxic?

Chammie chammie at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 18:26:57 EST 1995

I was wondering if morning glories (Ipomoea) are toxic...they are prolific
in my yard and I was thinking of moving some into my reptile enclosure.
The reptile in the cage is omnivorous and will snack on any plant in
there...I presently have a hibiscus and pothos in there.  All the books I
have read don't have the toxicity data on Ipomoea...Thanks!
                                         Joe