Transformation of C. Roseus ?

John Allen Morgan jmorgan at owlnet.rice.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:27:57 EST 1995

I'm intersted in inserting genes into hairy root cultures of C. Roseus.  Has anyone attenpted this previously ?  Presently, I have hairy roots and I'm just trying to add a gene through a disarmed Agro. Tumafaciens strain.  Also in mind is starting over with seedlings and using a binary vector system in a virulent strain of Agro. Rhizogenes.  How do these ideas sound ?  Are there other suggestions ?  Thanks in advance, John A. Morgan ; Rice University.  Feel free to respond to me personally at :  jmorgan at owlnet.rice.edu