Questions vs. Statements

Greg Peterson gpeterso at gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca
Wed Jul 12 12:56:44 EST 1995

Mateo Rutherford (mcrutherford at lbl.gov) wrote:
: I am rather new to the net and posting protocol, but........ I would
: appreciate it if people would use question marks when they are seeking
: information and not use question marks when they are offering
: information.  So often I will see a post with what looks like some very

What I've seen on many other Newsgroups is the prefix REQ: for those
requesting information. Maybe we can adopt that protocol here.

Greg Peterson at University of Alberta