PLANT PIGMENTS

The Big Guy sean at best.com
Sat Jul 15 00:03:50 EST 1995

I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Is there any information in your databases on the chemical structure or
hydrolysis/metabolite products including production of the pigments of
plums,prunes, or any of the plum (prunus) family which includes:
apricots,peaches,nectarines,cherries,almonds and  plums/prunes

These can be anthocyanins,caroteniods (b-carotene),flavonoids.

The materials I am trying to capture would be related chemically to:
bisacodly,oxyphenisatin,rhein(1,8-dihydroxyanthraquinone-3-carboxylicacid),
phenolphthlein C [RN 79-09-8] / {RR-518-51-4 di-Na Salt]/phenolphthalein
glucuride bisoxatin,3,3-BIS(4-hydroxyphenol),prunus genus contains caffeic
acid and O-methyltransferas has also been recovered and their hydrolysis/
metabolite products.

I have a procedure for using anthocyanins of fruits especially the plum (prunus)
family as pH/color indicators. Does any one have any experience with this?
[Ref-Rynearson,James. Curtright,Robert: Analysis of plant pigments of
chromatography.]

Help, please, research project on phenolphthalein poisoning. Need info on false
positive and false negative drug and food interactions on screening test of
phenolphthalein with sodium hydroxide. I have done extensive searches on
Medline,MELVYL at UCSF,GLADIS at UCB, LOIS at LANE(Stanford),and NML
I have the test procedure but not any info regarding known drugs or foods such
as anthocyanin(fruits) that cause false positive or false negative test results. I am
involved in a personal situation and any info or help would be greatly.
appreciated. I have a medical and chemical educational background and am not
looking to tread on any one's research projects. I need the information strictly for
personal use. Thank you again ahead of time.

If you know or hear of anyone in the field,who might be knowledgeable
in this area would you please,let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you again!
Patty Ames
 sean at best.com