How to take softwoodcuttings of elms?

ellieme magicnet.net
Sat Jul 15 19:41:45 EST 1995

One of your best sources of practical propagation information  is a
book called, "The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation - From seed
to tissue culture" by Michael A. Dirr and Charles W. Heuser Jr. published
by Varsity Press, Inc., P. O. box 6301, Athens, Georgia 30604. There is
substantial detailed information in the book (too much to include
here) but in general they state that the majority of Elms can be
vegetatively propagated and root cuttings are useful. Soft shoot
cuttings can be rooted under intermittant mist but you must be careful to
insure that the cuttings do not dry out.  You may also want to check your
library for the Procedings of the International Society of Plant
Propagators.  This will be particulary useful if you want even
more An Vanden Broeck <avdbroec at rug.ac.be> wrote:
>I am interested in all kind of information about propagation of Elms by
>softwoodcuttings.Can somebody give me information about climat
>conditions, dimensions of the cuttings, succeeding percentage, ... Every
>kind of information about determination of Elms  (Ulmus minor, U. laevis
>and U. glabra) by different methods (morphological traits, isozymes,
>flavanoid glycosides, RAPD's, ...) is also very welcome!
>
>Thanks!
>an
>an.vandenbroeck at rug.ac.be

specific infomation. If you need more information E Mail me.

Ellieme at magicnet.net  Roy Mecklenburg