Need ID on herb from Ghana (nyamkunor?)

SLISHDF at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU SLISHDF at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU
Tue Jul 18 13:30:03 EST 1995

Date sent:  18-JUL-1995 14:22:10

	I am doing research with an herb from Ghana that is used for
hypertension.  It was given to me by a student who has since returned to
Ghana.  The local name of the herb is "nyamkunur" or "nyamkunor," and it
may also be know as African mistletoe (though I'm guessing at this last
bit of info). I need an identification of the herb, and also a source of
more (it's very interesting).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dr. Donald F. Slish
SUNY
Plattsburgh, NY