Water Chestnut plant

George Darcy darcy at ives.amt.tay1.dec.com
Wed Jul 19 15:54:13 EST 1995

Can someone tell me about the Water Chestnut plant?
Our local pond is infested with Water Chestnuts.
I live in Waltham, Massachusetts.

I looked in my plant book and couldn't find it listed.
Is it known by some other name? What is the Latin
name for it? And where is it from?

And finally, are there any ways to keep it from
spreading, short of physically pulling it out?

Thanks,
George

| George Darcy   darcy at tallis.enet.dec.com   Digital Equipment Corporation |
|                                            151 Taylor Street, TAY1-2     |
|                                            Littleton, MA 01460-1407      |
|                                            phone: (508) 952-4109         |
| 73s de AA1AJ                               fax:   (508) 952-4197         |