Palm tree info needed

J Fenix HRYU76B at prodigy.com
Wed Jul 19 19:00:05 EST 1995

I'm trying to determine what kind of palm I have.  It bears fruit (note
date) that resemble small persimons or nectarines...reddish, orange about
the size of a large marble. The fruit smells sweet. I've been told it may
be a chestnut palm or a pinda (?) palm.  The fruit grows from spindly
looking limb-like growths that grow from a pod.  The tree trunks are
about  10-12' high,  about 2-3' thick. The fronds grow up and fan out and
downward. Is the fruit edible? Can tree seedlings be grown from the fruit?
  Any help will be appreciated.