Need wildflower ID help

dmo at pam.nsac.ns.ca dmo at pam.nsac.ns.ca
Fri Jul 28 18:45:45 EST 1995

Hi
	Not sure but you may want to check out HIERACIUM aurantiacum (orange
hawkweed, devil's paintbrush). THis is an introduced species from Europe. It is
found from Nfld. to B.C. (Canada) through to Va. and Iowa. It is a very
persistant plant once established. They like leached, well drained soils.
Particularlly fond of pastures and old fields.
	Be aware, they are considered a WEED here!
	Hope this is of some help, let me know what it is!!!
		Good luck,
			Karen McKenzie