Basil Plant-help!

Erin Culley johnerin at wavenet.com
Mon Jul 31 02:14:08 EST 1995

This question seems incredibly pedestrian in light of what I've read in
this group so far, but I don't know where else to go to ask it so, here we
go:  I was just given a basil plant by a friend; it's growing like crazy
and I've been pinching off the leaves as they get big but wanted to know:
should I "top off" the plant?  It's about six inches tall now and just a
single stalk with lots of leaves; I want it to be fuller. If I should top
it off, how far from the top of the plant should I do it?  Thanks in
advance for any advice!