Date Palm/Phoenix dactylofera

hamdi ogut oguth at ucs.orst.edu
Mon Jul 31 19:26:09 EST 1995

Help! I'm looking for recent research about the date palm (Phoenix
dactylifera) 1. Horticultural matters regarding its cultivation from
young transplant to old tree with brown stem. 2. Nutrient requirement .
3. Soil/water requirement. 4. Tolerance to salinity, mechanisms for
dealing with high salinity in soil. 5. Susceptability to bacterial/viral
disease and insect-boring infestation. Methods of treatment. 6. Tissue
culture techniques for propogating disease free plants. 7.Cross breeding
research. Production of F1/F2 hybrids for commercial production.
Any information or info as to how I may get this information would be
great.