origin of plants/seeds

laura van dam lvandam at mit.edu
Wed Jun 7 11:55:12 EST 1995

I am a parent volunteer in Massachusetts teaching five- and six-year-olds
in my son's kindergarten class about how to research on their own. As
part of the project, for which the kids have come up with questions
they'd like to answer,  I am showing them a little about how newsgroups
work on the Internet. The kids are quite excited about the idea of
connecting with others who may know some of their answers, or may be able
to tell them how to find out. If anyone can spare the time and has
information about the following question, I'd be very grateful for your
help. In particular, one child--Ian--would like to find out "how the
first seed was made," that is, what is know about the direct origin of
plants. Thank you very much for any responses you can give. Laura