Herb or Wildflower?

Kelleyanne Pearman kpearman at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Sun Jun 11 19:15:43 EST 1995

Are herbs and wildflowers different families of plants, or can a herb be a
wildflower and vice-versa?  I am growing some wildflowers and I wondered
if they had any herbal benefits.  I couldn't find any of them in my herb
encyclopedia.  I thought perhaps they had other names.  They are
pheasants's eye, malope, garden clarkis, sweet william, scarlet flas,
dame's rocket, larkspur, catchfly, farewell to spring, shirley poppy,
dwarf red corepsis, purple coneflower, foxglove, lemon mint, toad flax,
cnaterbury bells, pink mallow, balsam flower, maltese cross, painted
tongus, red wallflower, dahlia flowered zinnia, and scarlet gilia.  If
anyone can give me any info on other names these might have, it would be
greatly apprecaited.

kaeleh
       .
        \\  *
      *  !!
        //
       '
--
kaeleh/chinadoll
"She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes.  And I knew without