Herb or Wildflower?

dusk dusk at success.net
Mon Jun 12 13:57:08 EST 1995

In article <3rg0vf$rr6 at acme.freenet.columbus.oh.us>,
kpearman at freenet.columbus.oh.us says...

>Are herbs and wildflowers different families of plants, or can a herb be
>wildflower and vice-versa?  I am growing some wildflowers and I wondered
>if they had any herbal benefits.  I couldn't find any of them in my herb
>encyclopedia.  I thought perhaps they had other names.  They are
>pheasants's eye, malope, garden clarkis, sweet william, scarlet flas,
>dame's rocket, larkspur, catchfly, farewell to spring, shirley poppy,
>dwarf red corepsis, purple coneflower, foxglove, lemon mint, toad flax,
>cnaterbury bells, pink mallow, balsam flower, maltese cross, painted
>tongus, red wallflower, dahlia flowered zinnia, and scarlet gilia.  If
>anyone can give me any info on other names these might have, it would be
>greatly apprecaited.
>
>kaeleh
>       .
>        \\  *
>      *  !!
>        //
>       '
>--
>kaeleh/chinadoll
>"She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes.  And I knew
without
>asking she was into the blues.  She wore scarlet begonias tucked into
her
>curls.  I knew right away she was not like other girls - other girls."

-
 Oh dear!!You have a great variety here!I need to be responsible, and
leave the actual identifications to the pros here, but just to whet your
appetite...your 'purple coneflower' is none other than 'Echinacea'
which is still widly used as a blood cleanser, among others, and has a
very rich history of being used by native americans.The only good advice
i can give is to find more informative 'herbal literature' which should
list alternate names. Meanwhile..nurture those wildflowers!!-
No "intellectual property" rights reserved  ^ ^
'dusk'is a nom de plume,for thirty yrs.   ( O - )
real=david taylor,lancaster,Pa.              /\
dusk at success.net                            \__/
don't call me....unless you love me         \\//
                                             XX