Fragrant and shade-loving

Michael Greene mgreene at selu.edu
Tue Jun 13 09:51:38 EST 1995

In article <95161.000857GRABM at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>, GRABM at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
says...

>I garden on Manhattan terraces.  One of the terraces only gets 2 - 3
hours of s
>un a day.  Also, I love very fragrant flowers.  Does anyone have any
suggestion
>s for a plant which produces fragrant flowers in the shade?
>
>Geoff

You might try some night blooming jasmine, especially if you enjoy your
terrace in the evenings.  While some say that this (shrub-like)plant
produces an overpowering fragrance, I find it quite pleasant if the size
of the plant is kept under control (something which shouldn't be a
problem on a terrace).  My plant gets more than 2-3 hours of sunlight,
but I think that indirect light is adequate...at any rate the plant is
inexpensive, so...