Help needed on A Level Project

Tim Barkley BARKLEYT at agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jun 19 10:20:11 EST 1995

In <3rvs1m$6el at news.easynet.co.uk> wong at easynet.co.uk writes:

> Could anyone please give me any www sites where I could find
> information on duckweed (Lemna). I need some to do some detailed
> research on the angiosperm as a part of my Biology project. The
> subject is on the effects of nitrates and phosphates on duckweed
> growth and consequently the effect of eutrophication in rivers.
> Thanks a lot for your help.
> Do to others what you would help to do unto you

Tony,

I can't help you with any www sights...don't know of any...however
in searching our databases, I came up with a book that might be of help
to you:

Duckweek aquaculture : a new aquatic farming system for
developing countries. by Paul Skillicorn, William Spira
and William Journey.

OCLC # 27224223
ISN/Other # 082132067x
LCCN 92-45127
ALT # 5260954

I don't know if U.K. has something similar to our (US) inter-
library loan system or not.  If it does you should be able to
order by one of the #'s listed above.

I am also sending you a list of 35-40 magazine articles
which may be of help to you going back to 1991.  It is
far to large for me to type in here so I will send it
to you as a private e-mail msg.

Hope this is of some help.

Tim Barkley
Information Coordinator for Sustainable Agriculture
Ohio State University Extension
(614) 732-2381
barkleyt at agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (work)
tbarkley at muskingum.edu (surf's up)

TAG-> Off the modem..through the phoneline..'nuthin but net!