white fly problems

Tim Barkley BARKLEYT at agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jun 20 10:12:51 EST 1995

In <3s4gqd$crb at ux1.lmu.edu> gkuleck at lmumail.lmu.edu writes:

> Hi folks,
>      I just placed a number of newly regenerated transgenics in my
> greenhouse and they have become infested with white flies.  Any simple
> solutions to dealing with this problem?
> The plants are mostly leguminous species.

Gary,

You might also try whitefly parasites or whitefly predators.  They are
a beneficial organisms that attack the pest not people, plants or pets.
However they do need time to work and should be included as a part of
an over-all pest management system.  One source that I have is:

** Peaceful Valley Farm Supply
   P.O. Box 2209
   Grass Valley, CA. 95945
   (916) 272-4769

They do have a catalog available.  Good luck.

Tim Barkley
Information Coordinator for Sustainable Agriculture
Ohio State University Extension
(614) 732-2381
barkleyt at agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (work)
tbarkley at muskingum.edu (surf's up)

** Note **  Neither I nor Ohio State University Extension are associated
in any way with the above supplier; NOR does the mentioning of them in
this article in any way constitute an endorsement or recommendation of
this company.