Help: Botany & Geometry

Christian Brière briere at ensat.fr
Wed Jun 21 16:06:52 EST 1995

In article <3rn67d$1ai at news.ycc.yale.edu> una at aplysia.biology.yale.edu (Una Smith) writes:
>From: una at aplysia.biology.yale.edu (Una Smith)
>Subject: Re: Help:  Botany & Geometry
>Date: 14 Jun 1995 17:28:13 GMT

><goldsmig at cgsvax.claremont.edu> wrote:

>>Can anyone direct me to literature dealing with the analysis of botanical
>>phenomena (e.g., growth, shape, motion and movement, etc.) based on the
>>geometry involved?

>Do a citation search on Thompson, D'Arcy Wentworth's "On Growth and Form"
>and/or read the portions of that book relating to plants.  It's still in
>print, through both Dover and Cambridge University presses, and perhaps
>also the abridged edition from Princeton University Press.

Here are a few other references :

 D.R. Causton & J.C. Venus : The Biometry of Plant Growth. Ed. Arnold
(Publisher) Ltd (1981)

 R. Hunt : Plant Growth Curves. Ed. Arnold Ltd (1982)

 P.H. Todd : Intrinsic Geometry of Biological Surface Growth. Lect. Notes in
Biomathematics, Vol. 67, Springer Verlag (1980)

F. L. Bookstein : The Measurement of Biological Shape and Shape Change. Lect.
Notes in Biomathemetics, Vol. 24, Springer Verlag (1978)

Christian