Plants without chlorophyll

larson eric elarson at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 21 21:27:37 EST 1995

adriangm at tui.lincoln.ac.nz (Adrian, Glenn Murray) writes:

>>I'd like to raise a seedling of Clivia miniata lacking chlorophyll. Is it
>>possible to raise it in potting medium and add nutrients the plant is able
>>to use?

>No idea really. Should think after a certain size it would be imposible.  But
>you would use simple sugars as well as nutrients, may be able to foliar feed?

A full tissue culture media, with sucrose, might work also (but probably
beyond the ability of a home gardener to achieve as it needs to be
sterile).

--
Eric Larson                  | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
USDA/Agronomy                | 190 PABL; 1201 W. Gregory; Urbana, IL 61801