Books on Central/South American Plants ??

Adam Van Wirdum adamtfg at
Sun Jun 25 04:06:04 EST 1995

resta at (Giovanni Resta) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have the following problem.
> Since I like to give a try to plants from far (from Italy)
> countries, I also like to buy related pictorial books that help me
> in choosing the seeds to order.
> I had no problem in buy (from my German (Koeltz) and
> British (NHBS) booksuppliers)
> books on North American, Australian or African plants at
> affordable price (in general less than, say, 60-80$) with a lot of
> color photos.
> However I was not able to locate any AFFORDABLE pictorial book
> on Mexican or Central/South American plants.
> Can anyone suggest me some books?
> The language I prefer is English, but, being italian,
> I'm not scared by French, Spanish, Portugues or Latin.
> Thanks
> Giovanni.  resta at
 Yes most are pricy.
Send your snail mail address and i'll send abooklist
Michael Bailes.  The Fragrant Garden 25 Portsmouth Road  Erina 2250 N.S.W, Australia (local numbers) Fax 043 65 1979  Voice 043 67 7322
                        E-Mail:  adamtfg at

         ³The sound of a flute will cure epilepsy, and sciatic gout .³
And an internet wit replied:
>Only if it is played well; otherwise it causes migraines, epilepsy,
dispepsia, nausea, etc....