3D FLOWERS, MORPHOGENISIS

Glenn M. Berntson berntson at oeb.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 8 07:29:31 EST 1995

I don't know of any readily available computer program (mac or pc based)
for the detailed modeling of floral morphogenesis.  There are, however,
various places in the literature where people have discussed (in more or
less detail) the algorithms they used for doing such excercises.  So, if
you are not adverse to doing some coding of your own, these may be
valuable resources.

I know more about the modeling of belowground plant structures (so if you
have any questions on this topic I can give you a more exhaustive
reference list).

As a start for floral morphogenesis, try looking at the following references:

Prusinkiewicz, P. and A. Lindenmayer (1990). The Algorithmic Beauty of
Plants. Berlin, Springer-Verlag.

Schroeder, M. (1991). Fractals, Chaos, Power Laws. New York, W.H. Freeman
and Company.

Cheers

Glenn