Hop-a-juana

mel turner mturner at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Mar 15 23:11:36 EST 1995

In article <D5I47t.Bzw at freenet.carleton.ca> ar903 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Hugh Macaulay) writes:
>From your description, and as I recall, this was a sectoral chimera.
>As for the periclinal one, I wonder if the resin-secreting organs would be
>present, given that at least one cell layer from a non-secreting plant
>would stand in the way.  I also wonder about flowering, as unfertilized,
>flowering cannabis is the desired form (or so I'm told).

I think the resin glands are epidermal structures, and their products in a
periclinal chimera might be expected to be  those of the epidermal
species, assuming that the resins are completely formed by  the glands that
secrete them...  As for flowering, commercial hops are the unfertilized,
strongly resinous/glandular, pistillate inflorescences of the female hops
plant  (sound familiar?)

The experiment could be interesting,  but you didn't hear the idea from me,
right?