Box Huckleberry

Bill Sheaffer bsheaff at epix.net
Sat Mar 25 22:51:56 EST 1995

   In doing some local history research, I found that I live near two box
huckleberry plants of some significance. One is estimated to be 1300 years
old and the other was estimated to be 13,000 years old before the
interstate sent it to its maker about 20 years ago. The local library
doesn't have much on it other than to say it is prized as a ground cover
or something like that. The local historian said that this is the only
place in the world it exists. If you can tell me about this mysterious
plant, I'd appreciate the information.

Thanks

bill sheaffer

|                                                       |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            |             Bill Sheaffer <Braxton>                   |                      |                                                       |
|   "Wasting time creatively is my life's ambition"     |
|                Temple U.                              |
|             Millersburg H.S.                          |
|          Millersburg Ferryboat                        |
|       Harrisburg Astronomical Soc.                    |