african violets -who to believe?

ArtLH artlh at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 13:21:33 EST 1995

Yes, after I posted I realized this too.  In addition to being in a sunny
East window, mine are also directly under a table lamp which in on from
sunset to 1:15 am, so they get about a 19 hour photoperiod altogether.
The bulb is one of those energy miser fluorescent relpacements.  They have
done better with this than with a regular incandescent, though they were
already thriving.  They seem to need alot of light to become compact,
sturdy plants and bloom cuntinuously, but I certainly wouldn't recommend a
hot western exposure, except maybe in the winter. YMMV.
Art