'Carnivorous' Plants - Need Expert(s)

Ed Griffin egriffin at shadow.net
Wed Mar 29 17:29:33 EST 1995

This appears to be a learned newgroup - please forgive the intrusion,
but I don't know where else to start.

I need to find either

 - a Society devoted to 'carnivorous' plants in general and Nepenthes
spp. in particular (I know there's one in California somewhere), or

- a botanist who is knowledgeable about the cultivation of Nepenthes
spp..

I have one Nepenthes, species unknown (reference books disappeared
with Andrew), which clambers about my patio, and for the first time it
is flowering. I need to know if a single plant will set seed, ageing
and germination of seed if set, & etc..