Labelling proteins in plant protoplasts

c515455 at mizzou1.missouri.edu c515455 at mizzou1.missouri.edu
Thu Mar 30 17:38:07 EST 1995

Does anyone have any suggestions for increaseing the effeciency of labeling of
proteins in plant protoplasts?  I am trying to label a transiently expressed
protein for the purpose of measuring its half-life.   Currently, I am pulsing
the cells with 35-S methionine/cysteine (100-200 micro CI) in a volume of
0.5ml.   The level of incorporation is very low following immunoprecipitation.
 Are there any special conditions which will increase the amount of label
taken up by the protoplasts?

Michael Curtin
Univ. of Missouri- Columbia