black plants

Ricardo Azpiroz azpiroz at AG.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue May 2 12:09:10 EST 1995

As a former scuba diver (and if you think about it, it makes perfect
sense, too), I can assure you that the first color to "disappear" in the
water is red. At 30 ft. of depth, red things (such as blood), appear
black, except from up close. At 90 ft., red is pretty much black, period.

Ricardo Azpiroz
Plant Sciences
U. Arizona