Legumes and SAR

Jerry Bauer jerryb at pr1.k12.co.us
Fri Nov 3 09:33:56 EST 1995

   We are investigating Systemic Acquired Response (SAR) in legumes and
need a little help.

1.    Is anyone familiar with crown gall (as initiated by Agrobacterium
tumefaciens) in soybean?  If so could you recommend any references or
pass along any information?

2.  Are there any recent studies being done with SAR or inducing gene
expression in Phaseolus vulgarus (common bean)?  Could we get info?

Thank you to all those of you that have responded to our cries for help
in the past and to those that will hopefully reply to this posting.

   #          Jerry Bauer            #
   #   jerryb at alpha.pr1.k12.co.us    #
   #      Phone (970) 353-1750       #
   #       Fax (970) 353-1191        #