Sources of INA/IBA

Jerry Bauer jerryb at pr1.k12.co.us
Thu Nov 9 12:45:48 EST 1995

Net people;

   You may have received a request similar to this one before but I am
going to try any way because we need some HELP!

   I have a group of highly gifted high school students involved in
research into Systemic Acquired Response in legumes.  They have run into
a problem in obtaining several compounds. We have tried Sigma Chemical
and have found no listing for these compounds.   If there is anyone out
there that could provide ordering information for the materials listed
below it would be appreciated.  Even better yet would be if someone could
donate samples to our educational institution.  That would be really
great and we would be more than happy to share our results with anyone
that can help us out.

The compounds we are looking for are:

2,6-dichloroisonicotinic acid  (INA)

and

benzo(1,2,3)thiodiazole carbothioic acid S-m, ethyl ester (BTH)

Thanks again for all the help you folks have provided in the past!  My
students have made tremendous strides in their studies due to the
materials and information they have received through these listservs.

**Note:  this request will be posted on several different locations.
Sorry for the duplication if you receive it more than once!

   #          Jerry Bauer            #
   #   jerryb at alpha.pr1.k12.co.us    #
   #      Phone (970) 353-1750       #
   #       Fax (970) 353-1191        #