Cacti

Nuevo M‚jico ifjed at nmsua.nmsu.edu
Fri Nov 10 15:00:16 EST 1995

In article <bronsonm.6.0667D508 at nbnet.nb.ca
> bronsonm at nbnet.nb.ca (Michael Bronson) writes:
>From: bronsonm at nbnet.nb.ca (Michael Bronson)
>Subject: Cacti
>Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 22:54:54 UNDEFINED

>Re: tv commercial with a runaway football player pounding through the desert
>into and over two cacti.

>Can anyone help me find the e-mail address for Budweiser? I would like to ask
>them why they have to destroy cacti to promote football and beer?  Not so
>amusing a commercial in today's environmentally enlightened society! Mike

I think you missed the point.  Destroying stuff (whether it's one's brain
cells, endangered AND unendangered species, or the planet, etc.) is what
modern society is all about.  It's funs to destroy.  People want to be like
God who destroys with His left hand what His right hand created (B.
Traven, The Night Visitor).  Furthermore, being "environmentally-
enlightened" has become just one more politically-correct value to be
scorned.  Budweiser and most of its many patrons could care less.

I'm not amused either, but I don't watch or own a TV so I don't see stuff
like this.

"El estado normal de Espa¤a es decadencia permanente."

Jos‚ Ortega y Gasset