Wanted...Info on MARGUERITE DAISIES

Jeremy Lovell-Smith chen159 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Nov 10 20:59:13 EST 1995

Hi,
I have three questions.

I have been involved in growing Marguerite Daisies for some years now.
They are sometimes known (apparently incorrectly) as crysanthemum
frutescens (?), but at some time were reclassified.
Does anybody know the correct botanical name and its history?

Does anybody know of any books or other references to these daisies...
apart from incidental mentions in general plant guides?

I  also want to know how to enable daisies to last longer as a cut flower
in the summer. Putting a drop of bleach (or less) in the water keeps the
water from turning brown and smelly, but wilting is a problem.

Thanks

Jeremy Lovell-Smith