UNCARIA TOMENTOSA/UNA DE GATO

Jennifer Lahey jlahey at uoguelph.ca
Tue Nov 14 16:53:00 EST 1995

I am a fourth year university student at the University of Guelph,
Ontario, Canada.  I am doing a research paper on tropical and
sub-tropical plants.  My specific plant is Uncaria tomentosa, otherwise
known as Una de Gato in Spainish and Cat's Claw in English.  I am having
trouble finding an abundance of information on this vine from the Amazon
rainforest.  I am looking for any information on it's folklore,
especially concerning the Ashanica Indians who use it.  Also, any
information on its uses would be helpful.  If you have any information on
this plant I would greatly appreciate you passing it on.  You can forward
this information to my E-mail address:  jlahey at uoguelph.ca