Spider mite infested palms

Nicolas F. Arredondo Nick.Dondo at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 16 12:40:55 EST 1995

I've got an areca palm and a king palm that are both
infested with (what I believe to be) spider mites.
I've been told by others that I should just write the
plants off, as these are particularly nasty pests.

Is there anything that I can do to try to save them?
The king palm is pretty well covered, but the areca
still seems relatively free of the buggers.  I've
separated them, but it may be too late.

If anyone knows of anything that they've used successfully
I would greatly appreciate the advice. Please email.

Thanks,

Nick