Bug Eggs! Please help me identify

Kurt Brown krtbrown at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 17 15:59:53 EST 1995

I have found hundreds of little eggs on my Thai hot pepper plant that I

can't identify.  I'm hoping that they are the eggs of some lacewings
that I have seen flying around my house.

The eggs are yellow with a slight green cast.  They are about 1/2
milli-meter in length.  A quarter of this length is a filament like
stalk with the rest of the egg at the end.  Most of the eggs are
attached to the edges
of the leaves; the rest are attached the undersides of leaves and to
the stems.

I just noticed the eggs today and I don't think any have begun to
hatch.  I hope to be able to identify them before they begin to hatch.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,
Kurt Brown
krtbrown at ix.netcom.com