Tree of Heaven-Ailanthus

R5M r5m at aol.com
Sat Nov 25 06:22:32 EST 1995

In article <71331.kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu>,
"kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu" <kunde001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu> writes:

>While this "weed" grows unrivaled in areas
>where concrete is abundant, I have only once found it growing in the
woods
>and that was out of the cracked foundation of a long abandonded home.

Hmmm, you know, I had not even thought about this.  Here in N. California
it is known as the Chinese Tree of Heaven because everywhere there is,was
a Chinese settlement this tree can be found. So, in the delta, in San
Francisco, and in the Gold Country this tree can be seen all along the
highways.  But now that you mention it, when getting back into the
indigenous growth, there is no Tree of Heaven.  It does seem to live
everywhere dosn't it.  After all, it is the Tree that Grows in Brooklyn,
now isn't it.

Becky, R5M at aol.com