Christmas Cactus Blooming

Barry Mercer bmercer at ViaNet.on.ca
Sun Nov 26 20:49:37 EST 1995

I enjoy Cacti... don't know much about them, but I enjoy them. (my
spouce doesn't)  How do I encourage these things to bloom and just how
dry should I let them be before I water.  The Christmas cactus I water
once a week the "real" cacti far less frequesntly.

I recently read that keeping them very dark and very cool at night will
help.  Aside from the christmas variety of succulent (sp?) I have the
"living stones" (without Mick) and your store bought types with lots of
needles.

Thanks for any replies

Barry