Photosynthesis (and other) action/absorption spectra

FMims fmims at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 16:32:52 EST 1995

I have developed miniature data loggers that respond to the blue,
red and far-red wavelengths to which green plants respond. These
loggers will be used in an ongoing study in Texas, Hawaii and an
East Coast site. I would be most appreciative of receiving a
reference to or an actual tabulated listing of a representative
action spectrum and/or absorption spectrum for chlorophyll-a
and/or any other light-sensitive pigments in plants. Of course I
will acknowledge the original source of such data in any
publication.

For now I am using absorption spectra of sumac leaves.

Thank you for your assistance.

Forrest M. Mims III
Sun Photometer Atmospheric Network (SPAN)