dissolving leaf mesophyll

Catherine DeLong cdelong at pbi.nrc.can
Tue Nov 28 17:30:06 EST 1995

Ithink that these are mostly collected from forest floors where
earthworms have pulled leaves down into their burrows and chewed away
the soft parts.  I have collected large perfectleaves of maples in
Michigan in the forest and in Oregon too. They were nicely rolled up in
their little burrows or just lieing on the forest floor.  It is easier to
spot the rolled up ones than the flat ones.
In article <49davb$r9l at ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, rahaynes at ix.netcom.com
says...