Photosynthesis (and other) action/absorption spectra

Jim Litts jlitts at onyx-pharm.com
Thu Nov 30 12:24:27 EST 1995

In article <49daq4$re8 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, fmims at aol.com (FMims) wrote:

> I have developed miniature data loggers that respond to the blue,
> red and far-red wavelengths to which green plants respond. I would be most
> appreciative of receiving a
> reference to or an actual tabulated listing of a representative
> action spectrum and/or absorption spectrum for chlorophyll-a
> and/or any other light-sensitive pigments in plants.
>
> Forrest M. Mims III
> Sun Photometer Atmospheric Network (SPAN)

Your comments, particularly your reference to red and far-red light, seems
to indicate an awareness of phytochrome, but just in case, searching the
literature for action spectra of "phytochrome", a major photomorphogenesis
photoreceptor, should be fruitful.  I don't have the references off hand,
but if a cursory literature search doesn't give you what you want, email me
and I'll help you find some.

you're welcome,

Jim