dna qualification

Jerry Bauer jerryb at pr1.k12.co.us
Thu Nov 30 16:04:13 EST 1995

   I am in the process of developing a lab wherein my students will
identify the presence and rate of movement of Agrobacterium tumefaciens
within dicots, primarily legumes.  I have considered qualitative analysis
of viral/bacterial DNA and RNA using ELISA or agarose gel electrophoresis
but, because of a limited budget, alternative methods may be needed.  I
realize if there were cheaper methods of doing this they would be
commonly known and, not having come across any references as such, I am
afraid they may not be available.

   We are also quite limited as far as equipment so any help in obtaining
protocols on the identification of the presence of DNA/RNA using
inexpensive processes would be greatly appreciated.

     #           Jerry Bauer             #
    #     jerryb at alpha.pr1.k12.co.us      #
    #        Phone (970) 353-1750         #
     #        Fax (970) 353-1191         #