Need Advice About Taro Root Plant

Charlotte Lee cplee at netcom.com
Wed Nov 29 14:58:30 EST 1995

I recently acquired a Taro Root Plant (Colocasia esculenta) and am
wondering if something is wrong with it. I bought the plant a little
over a week ago. It seemed completely healthy and has two large leaves
at the end of tall(1.5-2') stalks. I transplanted it to a larger pot and
a new shoot with another leaf has started to grow off the second younger
stalk. The question: The leaf on the first stalk has started to turn
yellow. Am I doing something wrong? Since the plant currently only has
two fully developed leaves, I'm concerned about losing one. In all other
respects the plant seems healthy. Also, does anyone know how large they
are supposed to grow?

Thanks,
Charlotte

--
  __/-\__/-\__        There she was, that clam in the sand   The Clam That Can
 /  \O/  \O/  \___O_  Soaking her toes, she extended a hand      *  *  *