Cactus stickers-glochids-HELP!

Leslie Basel lebasil at ag.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 3 22:34:49 EST 1995

Our here in the southwest (Tucson, AZ), we have a fairly
simple and effective way of getting rid of the small
stickers/stiff cactus hairs that burrow into the skin.

We either apply fresh scotch tape to the skin, then yank;
or apply a moderately thin layer of Elmer's glue to the
skin, allow to dry, then peel off.  You are right, you had
better get them out in a timely manner, otherwise they
will drive you nuts.  Worse, the tape and glue tricks don't
work if the stickers are buried too deeply into the skin.

I hope this is the type of information you wanted.  Good luck.

Leslie Basel
lebasil at ag.arizona.edu